Friday 8 May 2009

Next....

Finished Wightman's Battalion, well almost finished. Painting's done, next it's basing (oh lovely). In reply to a question from Steve, I use a miracle wash created from 'Klear', a floor polish sold at Morrison's, with a few drops of FW artist inks Antelope brown added (to taste). I put this wash on quite thick and once dry I mix a wash of 'Klear' with a spot of black and give the figure a second wash. The final result is very shiny so a Matt varnish is needed, however the wash is tough so a gloss varnish isn't (IMHO) necessary. The proportions of this mix is up to the individual, I make the brown wash quite dark and the black wash very thin.






Some people finish faces prior to adding a wash, personally I finish faces after the wash along with the other highlights. It seems to work.




Here are a few pics of the battalion ready for basing;




No comments:

Post a Comment